Learning from the past, living in the moment, and leaving footprints for the future. Stories of lov

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Special Necklace




This necklace is designed with three strands each braided a little different.  In the center is a seabean that was found washed up on the Florida beach that had made its' way from the Bahama's.  It was polished and attached to the strands with a decorative 18K gold clasp. 

Her hair was the color of chestnuts.  She kept it long and wore it braided and wrapped over her head. It belonged to my great grandmother, Elsie Lovina Eldrige Sterling and this necklace was made from her hair.  I called her gram and I loved her dearly.  She passed away when I was a senior in high school.

In 2022 I passed this special necklace on to my daughter, Kimberly.

Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...