Learning from the past, living in the moment, and leaving footprints for the future. Stories of lov

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Reflections

This poem, Reflections, is close to my heart and my blog is named for it.  It speaks of my feelings of the Indian River in Cocoa, Florida and of my emotions as I found my maternal Roesch family history.  The poem is listed at the end of my book, "Forever Laced".  I hope you enjoy it.

"Reflections"

By Kathryn Smith Lockhard

Quiet moments by the riverside reflect
to me my being.  Awoke did I this spring
aware of this existence within me.
Could I have been on that branch
wrapped in silk as if a cocoon?

Why have I slept so many a spring when
I find life so alive within me.
This day the sun was too warm,
too bright and rose up ever so gently
that I found myself aroused,
so stirred that I burst into being.

All around the riverside nature
is alive and we are one.
My blood rushes as the river,
my heart beats to the song of the birds,
my hair blows as the limbs of the trees do sway
and my touch is gentle as a petal on a rose.

Nature cares for itself and it will care for me.
and I have no fear for what's to be.
Quiet moments by the riverside reflect
to me my being.  Awoke did I this spring,
aware of this existence within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...