Learning from the past, living in the moment, and leaving footprints for the future. Stories of lov

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Footprints In The Sand

Footprints were left behind everywhere, in the sand, on the rocks, near the clear blue water's edge.  If I blink, I fear I might miss seeing a fleeting memory rushing by at lightning bolt speed.  Look closely under the surface, much like an archaeologist mining for traces of history, a fragment of bone.  Who are these spirits that taunt me?  I keep digging deeper and faster yet to find my way home.

I close my eyes and feel the wind tousle my hair as it wraps its arms around me and I am left with all my senses to wonder.  Who were these people that made willing sacrifices through the centuries as they fought wars, built communities, endured the loss of love ones, suffered wounded hearts and broken marriages?  Shrouded in mystery, trails were left to disclose who they were, where they came from, and the purpose of their being.

The remnants left behind are the time-traveler tourists, searching for their place in history.  Time doesn't stand still and tomorrow won't wait.  A sigh, a blink, a wish upon a star and a century is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...