Learning from the past, living in the moment, and leaving footprints for the future. Stories of lov

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Lost Love"

I enjoyed writing "Forever Laced".  I also enjoy writing poetry, just as several of my ancestors did.  Perhaps I inherited the writing gene, I hope so. I'd like to share another poem with you.  I hope you enjoy it.






                                                                        "Lost Love"
by Kathryn smith Lockhard

If life had given me the right
to solely love you day and night,
I'd do my best in every way
to bring you happiness every day.
To share with you daily pleasures
that builds a life of happy treasures.

To be so close and yet apart,
twists and turns my paining heart.
I feel as if a fading rose,
our love on hold unable to grow.
It should mature with patience and time,
with sharing and giving that creates loves rhyme.

Promise me promises of days to be
when life can be just you and me.
Whisper words of future hope
so I can learn to live and cope.
I naught the right to dream such dreams;
life can be so cruel it seems.

We learn acceptance of cards life dealt;
to understand our feelings felt.
Be grateful in each other we found
love fulfilled with fantasies abound.
Tis hard to know of love so sweet,
is one I'll never know to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...