Learning from the past, living in the moment, and leaving footprints for the future. Stories of lov

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

That First Kiss

Little did I know where it would lead when this young first year college man came to fill in as a temporary director for the junior choir I sang in at our church.  He certainly didn't make an impression on me, he was nineteen, too old for me to even take notice.  I was only 15 and not allowed to car date until I was sixteen. 

He chased after me for a couple of years and we went out on a date. He asked me once what I thought of him.  I told him we could only be friends.  

Then upon my dad's insistence I give him another chance.  This older man who always wore a suit, boring, showed up in sneakers and a sweatshirt to go on a picnic at the beach in beautiful Cape Cod.

I remember that I packed fried chicken and chocolate cake. We laughingly remember how enjoyable the cake was even if he did include a little beachsand.  Something changed for me that day when he kissed me for the first time.

I'm glad he didn't give up his pursuit.  We had a beautiful candlelight wedding ceremony on a Friday night at 7:00 pm.  It's January 18, 2012 and we are celebrating 49 years of marriage.  Happy Anniversary honey.

Hawaii Wedding picture
We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary in Honolulu, Hawaii and renewed our vows overlooking the beautiful blue water and Diamond Head. Then we took a cruise to all the other Hawaiian Islands. I wonder what we'll do for our 50th. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...