Learning from the past, living in the moment, and leaving footprints for the future. Stories of lov

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Remembering a COVID-19 Thanksgiving

 Written Nov 25, 2020

Thanksgiving arrives tomorrow and I will be cooking dinner for me alone. Am I sad? No. I have much too be grateful despite COVID-19 invading my way of life. 2020 has been filled with many challenges in varying degrees. Missing the human touch, celebrations missed, overcoming family health issues, and yet, here we are surviving all that has been thrown at us, a testimony to family strength, love, strong faith and a willingness to help others that may be lonely by a simple phone call. 

Being a genealogist I know the difficulties my ancestors overcame that taught me perseverance, determination, commitment, compassion, support and the true meaning of love by putting others before oneself. 

As a direct descendant of ten Pilgrims, I wish you a very happy thanksgiving no matter where or how you celebrate. Remember all that you have to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...